We aim to treat more effectively
by diagnosing more accurately.
This involves comprehensive history taking, physical exam, and medical records review for the purpose of accurate diagnosis and, thereby, treatment of the causes of the following:
- Chronic Pain
- Functional Syndromes
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms
I have a large network of collaborative specialists, all of whom I have connected w/ personally and who understand the Insight approach. These include:
- Physical Therapy
- Integrative / Functional Medicine
- Nutrition / Dietetics / Neutraceuticals
Education & Experience
“Coaching” is a term I have opted to use to describe the process of getting “unstuck,” which involves our active collaboration with goal of healing and autonomy. This comes in the following forms:
- One-on-one follow-up visits
- Applied Neuroscience Lectures
- Neurosomatic Reprocessing Classes
- Group Visits
- Drop-In / Refresher Classes
Ostoepathic Manual Medicine (OMM)
- A.K.A. Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment, OMT is the applied aspect of Osteopathic philosophy which holds that health and healing stem from the interrelatedness of all the body systems – including anatomy w/ physiology, mind & spirit along w/ body – and that reasonable treatment, including manual medicine, draws on these deep connections.
- OMT specifically aims to diagnose and treat “somatic dysfunction” as an anatomical reflection of imbalance in the body and ranges from gentle, indirect treatment applicable to newborns and the elderly, to more direct treatments which are more judiciously used depending on the patient – their condition or their preference.
- Though I do no accept insurance for any service, somatic dysfunction is a codeable diagnosis and OMT is a billable procedure, so reimbursement is possible if you have out-of-network benefits.
- Regenerative medicine broadly concerns replacing or regenerating human cells or tissues to restore or establish more optimal functioning.
- Prolotherapy specifically is a form of injection treatment that stimulates healing of chronic ligamentous or tendon laxity or damage (enthesopathy) by purposefully initiating a targeted immune response.
- Most frequently an inert (i.e. safe) substance, such as dextrose, is injected causing a localized inflammatory response and reactivating the body’s natural, immune system healing process.
- This can be seen as the “opposite” of a steroid injection, which has limited to no data supporting its routine use for chronic pain, yet is frequently offered and, stranger yet, paid for by insurance.
- Prolotherapy is not reimbursable by any insurance plan at this time.
Conditions Commonly Treated...
Central Sensitization Syndromes, AKA:
- Neurosomatic Symptom Disorder (NSD)
- Mindbody Syndrome (MBS)
- Tension Myoneural Syndrome (TMS)
- Psychophysiologic Disorders (PPD)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (per DSM-V)
- Stress Illness
- Autonomic Overload Syndrome
Autonomic Nervous System Disorders
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Interstitial Cystitis / Painful Bladder Syndrome
- Functional Dyspepsia / GERD
- CRPS or RSD
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
- PTSD / Trauma
Chronic Pain Syndromes
- Chronic Spine/Joint Pain (e.g. neck, back, SI joints, “sciatica”, knees, foot/ankle, hand/wrist)
- Myofascial Pain / Trigger Points
- Chronic Migraine &Tension Headaches
- Chronic Pelvic Floor Disorders
- TMJ Syndrome
- Chronic Tendinitis / Repetitive Stress Injury
- Functional Abdominal Pain
- Non-cardiac Chest Pain
Other Functional Syndromes
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Multiple Chemical/Drug/Food Sensitivities (Including non-Celiac gluten intolerance)
- Vertigo / Dizziness
- Unexplained Tingling/Numbness or Paresthesias
- Globus Sensation in Throat
- Chronic Hives / Rashes
- Ehler’s Danlos Syndrome
- MVP Syndrome
- Restless Leg Syndrome / PLMS
Services NOT offered
- Traditional “Pain Management” (ex. meds/opioids, spinal injections)
- Primary care
- Acute/sick care
- Preventative screening exams (e.g. colonoscopy, mammogram, EKG)
- Refills of any meds not prescribed by CIM
- Wellness exams
- Routine/wellness labs (e.g. lipids, PSA, blood counts, chemistry panels)
- Disability evaluation or consultation (unless for the purpose of gaining a better understanding of your disability and improving your condition)
- Workman’s compensation evaluation (unless for the purpose of healing from injuries/conditions)
- Palliative and/or hospice care
Conditions not directly treated
The following pathological conditions (i.e. diseases inducing tissue damage) are not directly treated through medical and surgical management.
However, it is well understood that many of these conditions are worsened by stress and numerous other neurological and behavioral factors. In that regard, we are happy to partner in working to promote health and thriving in the absence of cure, or even when facing death.
Thus we may assist you, but do not actively manage the following:
- Cancer or other malignancy
- Acute physical trauma
- Autoimmune disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Acute viral/bacterial illness
- Anaphylactic allergies/asthma
- Genetic/metabolic disorders
- Sickle cell disease
- Severe, uncontrolled immune deficiency disorders
- Severe, uncontrolled, or unsupervised mental illness
- Terminal conditions