Who is the "ideal patient"?
Answering the question above is an interesting exercise…and one which should both give you pause to consider if you are a good fit for this practice, since I will only work as hard as you are willing to work. That is often a lot, and I assure you…you can count on that from me. Read through the following and I encourage you that, should you assent to a few of the following criteria, you can figure that we’ll be a decent fit:
- You are looking to understand more than you are looking to be “fixed”
- You have tried to “figure this out” on your own already, including a reasonable standard of medical diagnostic care
- You are willing to see things differently
- You are open to sharing your story
- You have some interest in the mind-body-spirit connection
- You are tired of of chasing your tail or chasing others’ opinions of what’s best for you
- You are open to new perspectives
- You are interested in causes as much as you are effects
- You seek empowerment and autonomy in your health journey
- You are willing to look at the big picture (and the small) concerning your circumstances and symptoms
- You have the courage to be vulnerable w/ Dr. Matt and maybe others
- You are ready to do the work necessary to improve your situation
- You realize that you cannot change without changing
- You can commit to persistence, patience, and compassion in this work
- You are tired of the disease-focused medical machine that, if it was as all-powerful as described, would have “fixed” you by now…
Why Should You Try Insight Medicine?
By nature, INSIGHT is a fundamental human need, within ourselves and in our lives, because from it we determine who, what, how, where, and why we are – literally our being in the world.
The goal of Insight Medicine is to serve as a guide to more deeply knowing whatever manner of “stuck” in which we find ourselves and discovering what it has to teach us. This reduces fear, and, with proper guidance and outfitting, helps us realize the path forward into an intrinsic experience of health.
Amazing as it is, this often takes more time than the medical machine has to offer. But time is central to what we offer. You may find a “quick fix” or no fix here, but you will for sure find integrity, energy, and compassion.
Our hope at the Center for Insight Medicine is for you to so effectively take back control of your health and feel so deeply good that you ultimately “fire” us. This is true freedom – in the face of life or death or within whatever you are experiencing.
Understanding – empowerment – ease of wellbeing… Sounds nice.